Thursday 29 December 2011

Angry Birds Pig Pattern

A few months ago, the Angry Birds game became available on the internet to play. I started it, and saw the pig with the crown. I loved it so much that I made a printscreen and made it into a plushie!

I didn't even make it to the second world! I know it's sad, but I wanted to crochet the pig so badly that I just started right away. :)

I wanted to share the pattern with you all, so here it is! I hope you have fun with it!




Stitches
Ch = chain
Sc = single crochet
R = round
Sc2tog = single crochet 2 together. I always use the invisible decrease.
*..* = repeat the directions between the stars until the end of the round. 


Used colors
I used a green from a local shop. I also used black and white felt. You don’t need much, it can be remainder from felt you used before. 


Notes
I made this pattern, but the copyright for the angry birds pig himself goes to Rovio. It is a very easy project to start with. 


Instructions
Head
R1. Sc 6 in magic circle (6)
R2. *Sc 2 in each sc* (12)
R3. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next sc* (18)
R4. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next 2 sc* (24)
R5. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next 3 sc* (30)
R6. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next 4 sc* (36)
R7. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next 5 sc* (42)
R8. *Sc 2 in first sc, sc in next 6 sc* (48)
R9-R15. *Sc in each sc* (48)
R16. *Sc2tog, sc in next 6 sc* (42)
R17. *Sc2tog, sc in next 5 sc* (36)
R18. *Sc2tog, sc in next 4 sc* (30)
R19. *Sc2tog, sc in next 3 sc* (24)
R20. *Sc2tog, sc in next 2 sc* (18)
Stuff with fiberfill or cotton wool.
R21. *Sc2tog, sc in next sc* (12)
R22. *Sc2tog in each sc* (6)
Fasten of, cut a long tail, close the hole and sew in the tail.


Ears
R1. Sc 6 in magic circle (6)
R2. *Sc 2 in each sc* (12)
Fasten of, cut a long tail and sew on top of the head.


Nose
R1. Ch 4
R2. 2 Sc in second ch from hook, sc in middle sc, 3 sc in last ch. Working on the back side of the chain, sc in the middle ch, sc in last ch. (8 sc)
R3. 2 sc in first and second sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in the next 3 sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in last sc. (14)
R4. 2 sc in the first and second sc, sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in  next 3 sc, sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in last sc. (20)
R5. Sc in each sc, only in the back loops!
Fasten of, cut a long tail and sew in the middle of the head.


Assembly
Cut out of  white felt 2 big circles and out of black felt 2 smaller circles. Glue the black circles on the white circles and glue the eyes you just made on the left and right of the nose. Cut 2 ovals out of black felt and glue these on the nose. Now your angry birds pig is ready! Have fun!




1 comment:

  1. Love the pig, and I have god-daughter who would just love a plushie of her own. If I can make myself to part with it. :P

    But just to make sure, I very much doubt Apple owns the piggy, the credits should go to Rovio, who actually created the game..

    ReplyDelete